White Bean Crostini
Quick and healthy, this tasty appetizer is great for your next party or to take on a summer picnic.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 5
- 1 whole-grain baguette, cut into 10 (1⁄2-inch) slices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup arugula leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush baguette slices with the tablespoon of olive oil. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Bake slices until lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes. Set slices aside.
- Mash half of the beans in a large bowl with garlic, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil. Keep remaining half of beans whole. Stir whole beans and sliced arugula in to mashed bean mixture.
- Top baguette slices with bean mixture. Top each slice with Parmesan and serve.
2 slices: 440 Calories, 22 g Protein, 54 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 16g Total fat (5 g sat), 680 mg Sodium, ★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Calcium, Iron, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Magnesium, ★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), E, K, Potassium, Zinc