Skip the plastic and make this fantastic Hummus yourself at home!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)*
- 1⁄2 cup sesame tahini
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Juice of 2 to 3 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add beans, tahini, oil, water, lemon juice to taste, garlic, spices, and salt and pepper to taste in the bowl of a food processor or container of a high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy, pausing, if necessary, to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Transfer mixture to a storage container. Chill until ready to serve.
*You can use either drained and rinsed canned garbanzo beans or freshly cooked ones in this recipe. Follow package instructions for cooking the garbanzos, or try using a slow cooker to cook them.
143 Calories, 5 g Protein, 13 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 9 g Total Fat; ★★ Molybdenum, Copper, Manganese