Couscous Salad with Black Lentils
- 1⁄2 cup dried black lentils
- 5 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked couscous
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Rinse lentils with cold water; drain.
- Place lentils and 4 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Bring remaining 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous and 1⁄4 tsp salt.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Combine lentils, couscous, remaining 1⁄2 tsp salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Over 34 Years As Montgomery’s Best Health Food Store Choice!