Coconut – Carrot Soup
Ginger adds and unexpected punch of flavor to a classic soup.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can (14-oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot set over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots, cumin, and coriander and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Add coconut milk, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Purée soup in a high-speed blender, working in batches. Serve.
297 Calories, 5 g Protein, 25 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 21 g Total fat (15 g sat, 4 g mono, 1 g poly), 110 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin A, Manganese, ★ Vitamin C, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium